Carlsbad Conscious Parent Birthday party is a success!
Yesterday I attended a ConsciousParents.org birthday party where we helped the parents add some ConsciousParents.org touches to the celebration. It was a beautiful 80 degree day in southern California and the party was held at a local park. There was a playground and the parents had rented out one of the picnic areas for home base.
Let me run down some of the ConsciousParents.org suggestions that this party had:
- Organic hot dogs for the children
- Organic mixed green salad with homemade vinaigrette
- Organic salsa, tortilla chips
- Organic ketchup and mustard
- Healthy Kids juices (organic juice diluted with water so only 9 grams of sugar per juice compared to 21 of a standard juice box) and plenty of waters
- The birthday girl’s mom made the angel food cupcakes for the activity and the dessert for the children (children decorated their own cupcakes and then had that as their cake)
- Mom had made approximately 80% of the food that was served
- Angel food cake with organic homemade whipped cream, topped with organic strawberries for the adults (and many of the children came up and wanted the strawberries instead of the cake!)
- Party favors were large Halloween bubble wands – these were a huge hit!